Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy New Year is WAY overdue!

Well, between Christmas, family in town at New Year's and the kids' B-day parties, I've been too busy to blog! But...not too busy to craft! That would be sad. Here's what I've been up to:

Making new basket liners for baby girl:




And a matching pillow (it's removable to be able to wash):




And a coordinating French Memo board for her big girl room (she'll move into it this summer). This isn't quite done yet because the store ran out of these cute birdie buttons, so when they are back in stock I'll finish it. It's great for storing all her hair clips.:







This is all to go with her new big girl set:



And I managed to quilt the top of the quilt I pieced for my folks as a Christmas gift. I'm binding it now (has to be done by hand) so they'll get it in a week or so. Doesn't sound like I was too late for it to be a Christmas gift right? Well, no. Sadly this was their Christmas gift TWO years ago. My machine broke while starting to quilt the top so it got put on hold. I got a new machine the following year for Christmas, however, I was also chasing after a 1 yeasr-old at the time too. And when I had any free time I didnt' have enough to be able to sit continuously to finish it, so I started doing quicker projects, or at least ones that could be stopped and picked up again at a later time. So I'm sorry it's so late, but better late than never? I hope!





And I've been having fun with the kids. My son wanted to make a monster, so he drew it, picked the fabric and I created it for him. That is a HORN on his head by the way. His name is Monster Mash. He uses his big hand to mash things, but he's a nice monster. Here's the original drawing and the finshed product:

2 comments:

Alyson Clair said...

I love her new room! The colors are great.

I have your gift (new toy) and things for the kids b-days that I am going to try to get out this week. I am going to insure it, since UPS lost the last thing I sent out.

Lisa S. said...

what a cute idea for the french memo board... I may have to borrow that idea. :)